Monday, February 13, 2012

Heartfelt Valentine


Hello and Happy Valentine's Day! If you're wondering why I haven't posted in awhile here's the scoop - I've had some difficulties with my computer - hard drive crashed and we had to take it apart and put in a new one! Since I have an imac this was no easy feat! But thank goodness I had a back up drive so didn't loose much... just tons of time re-building and re-installing everything. Anyways, I'm getting back in the swing of things in time to share this valentine with you!

I have seen a couple cards like this online -- can't remember where but I loved the idea of using the negative shape the punch makes and filling to to make a pretty card! I used strips of ribbon out of my stash (wow.. have a ribbon story to share later this week), so it's not SU but you could do the same thing with SU ribbons too! I stamped the word "heartfelt" from the set fabulous phrases in the corner and added some dimensionals to make it pop off. This is a really simple card but I love how it looks! Sometimes I have to tell myself to keep it simple.

Close up:
hint: if you want to make sure your shape is centered on the cardstock square, just draw an x in the middle of your square before you punch it and then center the x in the the middle of the punch... tah dah!

stamps: fabulous phrases
ink: real red
paper:whisper white, crumb cake, real red
other: Ribbons (not SU), Large Heart Punch, dimensionals

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails