Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Doctor Who Birthday Card

My husband is a big Doctor Who fan (well.. so am I to be honest) so I wanted to make him a special card for his birthday this year. I've been into punch art more this year and thought... hey, it wouldn't be that hard to create a TARDIS! So I made him this TARDIS card using stampin up paper and punches. The card is Not Quite Navy Cardstock and I scored it to the size of a regular card so that it would fit inside a normal sized medim envelope. Then I used square punches to create the doors, sponging the edges with not quite navy ink to make them look more dimensional and aged. The hardest part was figuring out how to close the doors. I dug through my stash and found these little hardware toggles which did the job nicely.


on the inside I put a piece of white to write on and added the Happy Birthday message from the hostess set Happiest Birthday Wishes!


I think he was quite surprised by the card and loved it! It also helped that it came with the newest season of Doctor Who on DVD, which came out just a day before his birthday! Perfect! Now I get to watch it with him!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the card idea you had i want to do something like this for my wedding invites....any ideas or tips?

Unknown said...

How fun! I love it :D

Carole said...

I absolutely love this card! How clever are you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails